University General Administration
- The Registrar shall be the Chief Administrative Officer of the university. He shall be a full-time salaried officer and shall work directly under the superintendence,direction and control of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Appointment of the Registrar shall be for a term of five years and he shall be eligible for re-appointment only one more term of five years. The qualifications and experience for the purpose of selection of the Registrar shall be as laid down by the University Grants Commission and approved by the State Government.
- The Registrar shall act as Secretary of the Senate, Management Council, Academic Council and such other authorities, bodies and committees as prescribed by or under this Act.
- The Registrar shall be the appointing and the disciplinary authority of the employees of the University other than the teachers, non-vacation academic staff and officers of the rank of Assistant Registrar and other officers holding posts equivalent thereto or above. An appeal by a person aggrieved by the decision of the Registrar may be preferred within thirty days from the date of communication of such decision, to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Subject to the decision of the authorities of the university, the Registrar shall have the power to enter into agreements, sign documents and authenticate records on behalf of the university.
- The Registrar shall be the custodian of the records, the common seal and such other property of the University as the Management Council may, commit to his charge.
- The Registrar shall conduct elections as per the programme approved by the Vice-Chancellor.
- The Registrar shall prepare and update the Handbook of the Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations approved by the authorities, bodies or committees from time to time, and make them available to all the respective members of the authorities and officers of the university.
- The Registrar shall receive complaints and suggestions in regard to the improvement of administration and consider them for appropriate action.
- The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as prescribed by or under the Act or assigned to him, from time to time, by the Vice- Chancellor.