Working of Sections under Finance and Accounts department
Working of Finance Department is divided in following sections –
- Receipt Section
- Cheque Section
- Cashbook Section
- Pay bills and Provident Fund Section
- Examination Bills Section
- Works and General Bills Section
- P.G. Bills Section
- T.A.D.A. Bills Section
- Internal Audit Section
- Budget Section
- Stores Section
- Stock verification Section
- Publication Section
- To prepare receipts of all money receivedin the form of cash including cheques, demand drafts, postal orders, blank receipt books etc.
- To deposit cash, cheques, Demand Drafts in bank
- To maintain daily receipt register
- Reconciliation of receipts with banks
- Printing and distribution of receipt books
- To prepare fee structure of various courses
- Custody and accounting of cheque books and other valuables.
- To draw cheques for all types of payments.
- To maintain ChequeDrawn Register.
- Drawl of fresh cheques in lieu of lost cheques.
- Delivery of cheques.
- Cash payments at cash counter through cashier.
- Custody and maintenance of all voucher files and theinvestment receipts.
- Maintenance of Cashbook and voucher files.
- Responsibility of audit.
- All theUtilisation Certificates.
- Reconciliation of receipt and expenditure.
- Annual Accounts.
- Registers maintained viz.
- Cheque/DD/IPO, credited but not realized
- Consolidated Receipt / Payment Account
- Budget Head wise Receipt-Payment
- Bank Transactions
- Bank wise Receipt / Payment
- Date wise Bank Abstract
- Budget Group wise Consolidated Receipt
- Budget Group wise Detailed Receipt
- Budget GroupWise Consolidated Payment
- Budget Group wise Detailed Payment
- Cheque Issued but not encashed
- Budget wise Daily Cash/Bank Receipt
- Budget head wise bank Payment for the date
- Department wise Receipt (Form No.31)
- Department wise Payment
- Income Tax Deducted Report
Pay bills and Provident Fund Section
- Timely preparation of monthlypay billsof all the employees including daily wages, honorary teachers, chair professors, co-ordinators, honorarium to doctors, law advisors, C.H.B. teachers, wages of the students under ‘Earn and Learn Scheme’ and fellowships.
- Disbursement of Provident Fund Advances/ Withdrawals.
- Supplementary bills such as - Leave Travel Concession Bills, Leave Encashment Bills, 10% additional charges Bills, Medical Reimbursement Bills, Arrears Bills.
- TDS and Income Tax Returns.
- Issue of Income Tax Form No.16.
Examination Bills Section
- Timely preparation of advance bills andadvance recoupment bills pertaining to Examination Department.
- Scrutiny and prepare vouchers for payment of advances to examinationcentres, colleges, CAP Centres and employees attending confidentialexamination work of university.
- Advance adjustment bills.
- Maintain a register for the advances paid for examinationwork.
Works and General Bills Section
- Scrutiny of claims and preparation of vouchers, of following departments -(i) Engineering (ii) General Administration (iii) BCUD(iv) Finance (v) Examination (vi) Guest House(vii) Hostels (viii)Student Welfare (ix) NSS(x) Internet (xi) Computer Centre (xii) Garden(xiii) Vehicle (xiv)Health Centre (xv) Sanitary(xvi) Press.
- Necessary preliminary checks like budget provision, administrative approval andarithmetical accuracy.
- Issue of Certificates of various deductions likeIncome Tax, Surcharge, Education Cess, VAT etc.
- Deposit refund claims of hostel, library, laboratory and refund of educational fees.
- Insurance of University Property including building,equipments& machinery.
- Maintaining Advance Register.
P.G. Bills Section
- Scrutiny of claims and preparation of vouchers ofall Academic departments, Funding Agencies, Bank of India Chair, BhagwanMahavir Chair, Shivaji University Merit Scholarship, Teachers’ Personal LibraryScheme, Research & Development fund, Depreciation Fund, ShriR.N.GodboleChair, SantTukaramMaharaj Chair, Dr.BabasahebAmbedkar Chair, Fine ArtsFaculty, PLA 180, RajarshiShahu Research Centre .
- All deductions at sourcelike Income Tax, Surcharge, Education Cess, VAT, Security Deposits etc.
- Refund of examination and other fees pertaining to above departments.
- Multi-Disciplinary Committee.
- Issue of Central Excise Duty and Custom Duty Exemption certificates.
- Annual Rate Contract of Chemicals, Glasswares.
T.A.D.A. Bills Section
- Scrutiny and passing of all travelling allowanceclaims.
Internal Audit Section
- Scrutiny and passing of all the vouchers received from Exam Bills, PG Bills, Pay Bills, General & Works Bills, Stores,Cash Book, Cheque and Budget sections.
- Onward submissionof passed bills to Cheque Section/Cashier for drawl of cheque/cash payment.
- Preparation of Annual and Revised Budget.
- Maintain record of the Finance andAccounts Committee Meetings.
- To deal with all the re-appropriation cases.
- To maintain R&D Fund and Depreciation Fund accounts.
- Scheduling of Budget Meetings.
- All the purchases as per the demand of the variousdepartments/sections of the University.
- Maintain computerised formats as prescribed from time totime.
- Conducting Meeting of PurchaseCommittee, Sales Committee and Furniture Committee, Technical Committee.
Stock verification Section
- Physical verification of theassets of all the University departments and sections.
- Submission of Physical verification reports to authorities.
- Write-off Committee/Write-off Sub Committee meetings.
- Maintenance, distribution and sale of university publications.
- Planning for printing / reprinting of text books.
- Monthly Reconciliation of sale proceeds with stock register.
- Write off of the out dated stocks.