Duties of Controller of Examinations
Controller of Examinations shall be appointed by the Vice-Chancellor on the recommendations of a selection committee constituted for the purpose; Provided that, if the post has remained vacant for a period of six months from the date the post has fallen vacant, the State Government shall appoint, on deputation, a suitable person having prescribed qualifications, to perform the duties of the Controller of Examinations for a period of not more than one year at a time and for not more than three years in the aggregate or till the new Controller of Examinations is duly appointed by the Vice-Chancellor, whichever is earlier. :
(b) the Controller of Examinations shall be the principal officer-in-charge of the conduct of examinations and tests of the university and declaration of their results. He shall discharge his functions under the superintendence, direction and guidance of the Board of Examinations. He shall be a full-time salaried officer of the university and shall work directly under the directions and control of the Vice-Chancellor ;
(c) his appointment shall be for a term of five years, and he shall be eligible for re-appointment for only one more term of five years. The qualifications and experience for the purpose of selection of the Controller shall be such as may be prescribed.
(2) The Controller shall be the Member-Secretary of the Board of Examinations and of the committees appointed by the board except the committees constituted under Section 32(5) (a) for appointment of paper-setters, examiners and moderators. He shall be responsible for prompt and proper implementation of their decisions.
(3) Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions of sub-section (1)(b), the controller shall be responsible for making all arrangements necessary for holding examinations and tests and declaration of results. It shall be his responsibility, -
- to prepare and announce in advance the calendar of examinations;
- to arrange for printing of question papers;
- to arrange to get performance of the candidates at the examinations properly assessed, and process the results;
- to arrange for the timely publication of results of examinations and other tests;
- to postpone or cancel examinations, in part or in whole, in the event of malpractices or if the circumstances so warrant, and take disciplinary action or initiate any civil or criminal proceedings against any person or a group of persons or a college or an institution alleged to have committed malpractices;
- to take disciplinary action where necessary against the candidates, paper setters, examiners, moderators, or any other persons connected with examinations and found guilty of malpractices in relation to the examinations;
- to review from time to time, the results of university examinations and forward reports thereon to the Academic Council.
- The Controller shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed or assigned to him, from time to time, by the Board of Examinations.