The section of Student Welfare is a formal platform in the University to design and implement student policy which includes the issues related to motivation, participation, promotion and socio-economic and cultural settings within which young people grow up. This Department will act as a driving force for the student and youth community to epitomize their academic excellence through doing and learning. The department is taking care of various aspects of student welfare like students counseling, training, government and non government sponsored youth projects, financial aid & scholarships, health care, games & sports, cultural activities etc.
Kolhapur is a home for artistic & cultural development with great cultural heritage, so it is named after ‘Kala’ i.e. art. It has very strong Agro-industrial setup with Green & White revolution. The Director, Student Welfare Of the University undertakes various programmes, which seek to broken the out with of these student and make them responsible citizen in the society. It helps to inculcate communal harmony with team spirit and national Interpretation, amongst the students with these views. The main motto of the centre is to MOTIVATE, ASSIST and SETTLE. It seeks to motivate, guide and train all the students of the university irrespective of their social status to select the right career and make them responsible citizens. Eventually, it converts LEARNING of the students into WINNING.
- Campaigning against the social evils such as HIV/AIDS spread, drug and other addictions.
- Promotion of pollution free and eco-friendly approaches to day to day life such as organic farming, use of solar energy, etc.
- Organization of street plays and one act plays on current issues.
- Training for disaster management.
- To develop the soft and hard skills through personality development.
- Training for accounting software’s such as tally.
- Promotion of sanitation and cleanliness awareness among the villages.
- To help to build dynamism in the personality of the students in affiliated colleges of the University.