The Director BCUD shall be
- the principal academic planning and academic audit officer for the academic development programmes, including post-graduate teaching, research and extension programmes and collaborative programmes of the university;
- the Secretary of the Board of College and University Development and shall conduct academic audit of university departments or institutions, recognised institutions, post-graduate centres and affiliated colleges as the Board may direct and on receiving complaints suo-muto.
- responsible for ensuring that the decisions of the Board for long-term and short-term development plans of the university and its colleges in their academic programmes are duly processed and implemented through relevant authorities, bodies, committees and officers;
- the principal liaison officer with the external funding agencies for generating funds for the collaborative and development programmes of the university and monitor their proper utilisation;
- responsible for establishing liaison for fostering and promoting collaboration between the university, colleges and national and international institutions and scientific, industrial and commercial organisations;
- responsible for submitting an annual report on the progress achieved in different developmental and collaborative programmes to the Vice-Chancellor who shall place the same before the Management Council.
- The term of the Director shall be co-terminus with that of the Vice-Chancellor or till he attains the age of superannuation, which ever is earlier.