The Internet Unit of Shivaji Univesity is divided in to three cell’s for smooth and effective functioning viz. Network Cell, Website Cell and Library Internet Hall. The Network Cell maintains the campus-wide network and under take the expansion and proposed requirements were as Website Cell is maintaining web related activities. University’s official website www.unishivaji.ac.in is under control of Website Cell. The Library Internet Hall is a centralized Internet facility given to researchers, students and faculty members where 140 nodes are available with printing facility. The Internet Unit is functioning on self supporting basis which charges its services for users at nominal charges approved by Management Council.
To keep control and accept new challenges, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor has formed following Monitoring Committee.
- Dr. P. N. Bhosale, Dept. of Chemistry
- Dr. M. D. Uplane, Head, Dept. of Electronics
- Dr. P. N. Vasambekar, Co-ordinator, Dept. of Computer Science
- Dr. R. K. Kamat, Associate Professor, Dept. of Electronics
- Dr. M. J. Joshi, Co-ordinator, Internet Unit