Mission: To be a seat of learning in technology education and research of global standard for the human resource development.
Vision: To produce technocrats of international stature committed to the task of nation building through inculcation of honesty, national sprit, devotion, perfection and efficiency.
- To be a leading institute of technology in the nation.
- To integrate Science, Management and Technology to provide multidisciplinary exposure.
- To create and spread technology awareness amongst the rural population.
- To create awareness about the regional requirements and needs.
- To attract the faculty of high academic reputation and research experience.
- To establish research laboratories in the current technology fields.
- To establish ISO standard laboratories for testing, consultancy services and indigenous technology development.
- To collaborate with national and international institutes for collaborative research and project work.
- To be completely self-sustainable institute within five years.
- To provide career opportunities by providing exposure to new technologies and encouraging entrepreneurships.
Shivaji University started Department of Technology in June 2006 with the aim that opportunity for students to learn in technology education and research of global standard for the human resource development. In 2006 first four M. Tech courses were started and in 2008 five B. Tech courses were started. Department of Technology is approved by AICTE and admissions are as per AICTE and DTE, Govt of Maharashtra norms. Recently Department has received grant under programme-TEQIP-II Phase-II 2nd cycle, funded by World Bank of worth 10 Crore. The courses conducted by department are as follows.
B.Tech. Four years Courses
(First Year and Second Year Admission as per AICTE and DTE Norms)
|Computer Science and Technology||60|
|Electronics and Communication Technology||60|
M.Tech. Courses (Admission as per AICTE and DTE Norms)
|Computer Science and Technology||18|
|Electronics and Communication Technology||18|
|Environment Science and Technology||18|
(* Ph.D. Programs in all above Branches)
The University has already earmarked 50 acres of land across the main road opposite the Main Building where the construction of the new buildings about 10000sq m for the technological courses is going on. The Main three floored Building for the Department of Technology is ready, and will have provision for several other buildings for Housing administrative staff, cafeteria, gymkhana, workshop and other utilities. There will be provision for lecture rooms, seminar rooms, laboratories, computer and internet facilities, library, recreation facilities, stores etc. There will be also ample open space with landscaping. A new hostel for boys and girls is ready with facilities. Department focuses on ICT based teaching. Well furnished Computer laboratory with Internet connection.
Features of the Department
- Sprawling campus of 848 acre
- Grading of students by the internationally accepted credit Sytem
- Highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty
- Central and state government scholarships, freeships to eligible students
- Special scholarship for meritorious students
- Departmental Library in addition to central well primed University Library
- Well Established Laboratories with modern equipments
- Computer Lab facility with Internet Connection
- Well facilitated Hostels and Food Facility Boys and Girls in the campus
- Sports complex and Healthcare centre
- Special coaching for GATE and other competitive Exams
- Active Training and Placement Cell
- Short term foreign Language courses
- MoUs :- Hanyang (South Korea), AIT (Bangkok), GIFU (Japan) Universities
- Industrial Visits
- Sports competition
- World Food Day
- Blood Danation
- Technical Paper/ Project Presentation
- Cultural Activities
- Personality Development
Dr. S. R. Sawant
Department of Technology.
|Dr. G. S. Kulkarni||Director & Professor||M.E.,Ph.D.|
|Shri. U. L. Bombale||Associate Professor||M.Tech.|
|Shri. P. C. Bhaskar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Shri. A. B. Kolekar||Assistant Professor||D.A.E.,M.E.|
|Shri. P. A. Prabhu||Assistant Professor||B.E.|
|Miss. A. A. Manjrekar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. I. S. Udachan||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mrs. R. V. Mane||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mrs. S. V. Kore||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. A. A. Shirolkar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Dr. V. A. Sawant||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,Ph.D.|
|Ms. P. P. Phadnis||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. S. M. Bhosale||Assistant Professor||M.E.,M.I.E.,C.E.(India)|
|Mr. M. S. Salunkhe||Assistant Professor||M.E.|
|Mr. S. D. Jagtap||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. A. A. Dum||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. D. M. Nangare||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
Prof. (Dr.) G.S.Kulkarni,
Mobile No.: 9823180139,
Email: director.tech @ unishivaji . ac . in