Mission: To be a seat of learning in technology education and research of global standard for the human resource development.
Vision: To produce technocrats of international stature committed to the task of nation building through inculcation of honesty, national sprit, devotion, perfection and efficiency.
- To be a leading institute of technology in the nation.
- To integrate Science, Management and Technology to provide multidisciplinary exposure.
- To create and spread technology awareness amongst the rural population.
- To create awareness about the regional requirements and needs.
- To attract the faculty of high academic reputation and research experience.
- To establish research laboratories in the current technology fields.
- To establish ISO standard laboratories for testing, consultancy services and indigenous technology development.
- To collaborate with national and international institutes for collaborative research and project work.
- To be completely self-sustainable institute within five years.
- To provide career opportunities by providing exposure to new technologies and encouraging entrepreneurships.
The University has already earmarked 50 acres of land across the main road opposite the Main Building where the construction of the new buildings about 10000sq m for the technological courses is going on.
The proposed land will be used for the construction of the Main Building for the Department of Technology, and will have provision for several other buildings for Housing administrative staff, cafeteria, gymkhana, workshop and other utilities. There will be provision for lecture rooms, seminar rooms, laboratories, computer and internet facilities, library, recreation facilities, stores etc.There will be also ample open space with landscaping. Construction of new hostels for boys and girls will be completed soon.
Internet & Computing facilities (including it's Utilization:
Total 70 Computers, all networked with Internet facility.
Peripherals like CD writers, laser/inkjet/DMP printers and LCD projector are available.
- Academic flexibility
- Limited choice based Credit system (relative grading)
- 20% credit internal examinations for B.Tech.
- Average marks of two tests (internal) considered so student gets chance of improvement
Internal examinations for continuous assessments
20-50% credit for internal examination in due course of time
- Industrial visits,Question Bank
- Book exhibition, Technical Festival
- Group discussion on current issues
- Workshop on renewable energy resources
b) Faculties Enrichment:
- International conference on multidisciplinary aspects
- in electronics – P.C.Bhaskar
c) Public outreach:
- Counseling for University Entrance exam, M.Tech. entrance exam
- Engineers day
- Induction program for B.Tech. students with parents
- Counseling by Dr. Vilas Salokhe from AIT, Bangkok.
- Remand home children visit
- National science day
- Campaigning for Green building construction.
Performance in cultural activities:
- Welcome and sendoff functions, Sports activity,
- Cultural day
Incentives to outstanding students in:
'work on demand' scheme for the students. The main emphasis is to let them work in the department laboratory and administration.
Computerization of Departmental administration:
The new building is under construction and this aspect will be taken care-of at there.
Technology up-gradation & its utilization:
The necessary hardware and the software to run technology courses are in the process of procurement.
Student Oriented Activities:
Number of hours the departmental library is open in a year and New Books/Journals etc. available.
The library is open on all working days from 10.30 a.m. to 5.30p.m. throughout the year.
The departmental library includes 600 text books/data books.- The departmental library also includes the subscription of most popular magazines.
Number of courses for which by assessment of teachers by student is introduced.
All at the university level and also at the department level.
Financial aid to students & supporting agencies.
Studentship/fellowship/scholarship/awards:- Caste scholarship, Eklavya scholarship,Shivaji University Merit Scholarship
Why integrated M.Tech programme?
- Placement opportunities at international level.
- Fees less compared to any other international degree.
- Bank loan facilities available.
- For the first time international level
Why Integrated B.Tech, M.B.A programme?
- Student saves one year. Normal course-6 years.
- First year of MBA distributed over 2nd to 4th year of B.Tech.
- Second year of MBA after the student graduates
- Direct admission. No entrance examination
- Additional placement opportunity through the MBA department
- Qualified and experienced staff available on the campus.
- MBA related courses in the well established MBA Department.
Dr. S. R. Sawant
Department of Technology.
|Dr. G. S. Kulkarni||Director & Professor||M.E.,Ph.D.|
|Shri. U. L. Bombale||Associate Professor||M.Tech.|
|Shri. P. C. Bhaskar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Shri. A. B. Kolekar||Assistant Professor||D.A.E.,M.E.|
|Shri. P. A. Prabhu||Assistant Professor||B.E.|
|Miss. A. A. Manjrekar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. I. S. Udachan||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mrs. R. V. Mane||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mrs. S. V. Kore||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. A. A. Shirolkar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Dr. V. A. Sawant||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,Ph.D.|
|Ms. P. P. Phadnis||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. S. M. Bhosale||Assistant Professor||M.E.,M.I.E.,C.E.(India)|
|Mr. M. S. Salunkhe||Assistant Professor||M.E.|
|Mr. S. D. Jagtap||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. A. A. Dum||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. D. M. Nangare||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|Mr. V. S. Kore||Assistant Professor (Temp.)||M.Tech.|
Prof. (Dr.) G.S.Kulkarni,
Mobile No.: 9823180139,
Email: director.tech @ unishivaji . ac . in