The Department was established in June 1982 and has an independent building. The built up area about 6000 sq. m. with three class rooms, two laboratories, a Seminar Hall, seven independent cabins and Office.
- Statistical Modeling and Analysis
- Statistical Inference
- Statistical Process Control
- Regression Analysis
- Design of Experiments
- Reliability Theory
- Circular Data Analysis
- Data Mining
Academic Programmes Offered
- M.Sc. (Statistics) (Intake 30 students)
- M.Phil (Statistics)
- Ph.D. (Statistics)
Course Structure :(Papers)
- M.Sc (Four Semester)
- M.Phil (Theory & Dissertation)
- Ph.D. (Pre-Ph.D & Thesis)
|Name of the Teacher||Title of the Project||Sanctioning Agency|
|Dr. D.T.Shirke||Open Source Statistical Software In Distance Education||D.E.C|
|Dr.(Smt.) H.V. Kulkarni||Analysis of Designed experiments with non-normal response variable.||D.S.T|
|Dr. D.N. Kashid||A Study of Subset Selection Techniques in Regression and Applications||U.G.C|
|Dr. R. N. Rattihalli||Non-Parametric inference related To symmetric distributions||D.S.T|
- The Department has a well equipped Laboratory with internet facility. A good number of Books & journals are available in the Central library.
- Computers 45 No.s ,L.C.D 2 Units, OHP. 2 Units with a back of U.P.S (7.5 KVA) 2 Units and U.P.S (5 KVA) 1 Unit
- Statistical Software available are : MINITAB, MATLAB, SYSTAT, SAS and R.
Faculty members are involved in a number of extension activities related to hostel, NSS etc.
Faculty members are active in extending consultancy services in data analysis for researchers and faculty members of various post graduate departments.
The department has collaboration with a good number of eminent statisticians from Indian Statistical institute, Kolkata, Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Bangalore University etc.
Sanctioned Posts: 2 Professor, 2 Associate Professor, 3 Assistant Professor
|Dr. D.T.Shirke||Professor & Head||M.Sc.,Ph.D.|
|Dr. (Mrs) H.V.Kulkarni||Associate Professor||M.Sc.,Ph.D.|
|Dr. D.N.Kashid||Associate Professor||M.Sc.,Ph.D.|
|Shri. D.M. Sakate||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.|
Department of Statistics,