The post graduate department of Geography started functioning in the historic City of Kolhapur from August 22, 1968. At the initial stage the department was established at the behest of the founder Vice – Chancellor Dr. Appasaheb Pawar with one Reader, two lecturers and two demonstrators. Being a part of science faculty the department trains students for the Master Degree both in the Arts and the Science streams. Out of 13 teaching posts there are at present one Professor and Six lecturers including one temporary in the department.
Goals & Objectives
- To train the persons in the discipline for dissemination of knowledge to the society and to be self reliant.
- To promote the study and research activities in different branches of geography
- To bring the geographical awareness among the masses for application of this knowledge to sort out their day to day problems.
- To educate the members of society for proper use, reuse conservation and preservation of natural and human resources with sustainable approach.
- To develop the strong coordination among the different branches of the discipline to have better interaction with other disciplines.
- To arrange the seminars, workshops, training, programmes, etc. for college teachers and members of society from different sectors of economy.