The Department of Economics was instituted on 31-12-1966. The Department went full swing after the grant of the Special Assistance Programme of the UGC under Departmental Research Support in March, 1995. The Department has conducted regular UGC sponsored 17 Refresher Courses and trained more than 700 teachers. The Department also conducts Summer Institute in Quantitative Techniques. Computer Applications and Environment Economics are the new papers introduced at Post-graduate level. The Department is actively involved in consultancies and co-ordination with various public and academic organizations. Thirteen Major Research Projects have been completed by the faculty Members and recently 07 UGC Major Research Project is in progress. The faculty members have published 30 learned books. Under SAP-DRS-III the Department has produced 11 Monographs. Out of which 03 have been published.
Since, its establishment the Department has produced 110 Ph. D. and 375 M. Phil. dissertations. The Department has hosted 25 National Conferences and 45 Seminars/Workshops on various topics. The Department has hosted the 86th Annual Conference of IEA in December, 2003, 54th Annual Conference of ISAE, 1995 and 20th National Convention of ISSC, 2001.
Agriculture, Public Economics, Macro Economics, Monetary Theory, Public Finance, Environment, Co-operation, Labour, Industry, Quantitative Techniques
Comprehensive Agricultural Development Plan for Sangli, History of Credit
Co- operative Movement, Cropping Pattern in Irrigation Projects, Sugar Ten. Etc.
- Environmental Economics
- Public Economics
- Co-operation and Regional Studies
Academic Programmes Offered
- Ph. D.
- M. Phil.
- M.A. Part-I & II (Semester System)
- P.G.Diploma (BridgeCourses)
- P.G. Diploma Course in Foreign Trade
- P. G.Diploma Course in Agri-Business
- P.G. Diploma Course in Urban Banking
- P.G. Diploma Course in Urban Banking
- P. G.Diploma Course in Corporate Governance
- P.G. Diploma Course in IPRs
- P.G. Diploma Course in Forwarding Trading
- P.G. Diploma Course in H.R.D.
- P.G.Diploma Course in Quantitative Techniques
- Rs. 5,500/-
- Rs. 1,000/- (P.G. Students of Economics Subject)
Intake Capacity: 20 Seats for each course
Eligibility : Any Graduate/Regular Students/Professionals/Employees in Banks/Corporate Bodies and Institutions and Others
Facilities / Services Offered
- Computer Lab
- Department is engaged in teachers training Programme.
- Department conducting academic activities relating to Social Discriminatory Studies
- Co-ordinating the activities of School of Inter-disciplinary Studies in Social Sciences.
- Public lectures, discussion
- Extension activities carried out through Radio, TV Media.
- The Department of Economics has a collection of 10,402 books and subscribed to 18 Major Journals both National and International (in the Central Library).
- The Department at present has a well furnished Computer Laboratory with 40 PCs & well equipped Seminar Hall of 33 capascity.
- The Department possess essential educative Equipments likes Scientific Calculators, Tape Recorder, Stereo System, Overhead Projector, Automatic Slide Projector, Computers, Camera, Binoculars, Colour TV, VCR, Audio System Set, Printers, Photo Copy Machine, Rechargeable Batteries, Video Handicam, LCD Projector, Laptop, Server etc.
- Softwares : SPSS, E-View, S-Plus Softwares.
- Departmental Library
Collaboration with Other Institutes at the National Level:
- Collaboration with Centre for Budgetary Policy Studies (CBPS), Bangalore.
- Indian Institute of Dalit Studies, New Delhi
- YASHADA, Pune
|Dr. A. A. Dange||Professor and Head||M.A.,Ph.D|
|Dr. R. G. Dandge||Professor||M.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.|
|Dr. V. B. Jugale||Professor||M.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D. D.I.T.|
|Dr. V. B. Kakade||Professor||M.A.,Ph.D.|
|Dr. P. S. Kamble||Associate Professor||M.A.,Ph.D.|
|Dr. (Mrs.) V. P. Katti||Assistant Professor||M.A.M.Phil.,Ph.D.|
|Shri. S. T. Kombde||Assistant Professor||M.A.,SET|
|Shri. S. P. Panchgalle||Assistant Professor||M.A.,SET,NET|
Department of Economics,
Phone (0231) 2609177, 2609180
Email:economics @ unishivaji . ac . in